Fri 18 October 2013
Once upon a time, I helped writing a "livre collaboratif" as we say in french (Yes, I'm french, and this was written in my mother tong) (I think the english for that expression is "peer producted book"). Here is how we decided to made it. Just remember it was in 2012 (about on year ago) so the version of software used may be outdated.
Tool choice and use
- access control to control what is visible by who
- link title because many places and characters have complicated names that should be refreshed (and because it's fun)
- maybe other I don't rememeber (a new post may complete this one if necessary)
There is no difficulty here, the standard instructions for each plugin installation work fine.
- enhance the character you have (created by us or by the author when joining us)
- put him in a place at a specific time
- if the corresponding event exists, make your character evolve in it (i.e. modify the event)
- otherwise create the event, and if you want someone else to be there, tell the administrator/webmasters. If its compatible with its schedule, he/she will be advised that he/she is required at this event
- take into account the messages of the administrators/webmasters when they advise you that one of your character should be at an event (by creating the event if needed)
Yes, it looks like role-playing.
Related articles (or not):